Nursing Schools by State
Nursing Career Info
Demand for Nurses
Nurses may be the most in-demand health care position in the country.
Featured Sponsored Program
BS Nursing (RN-BSN)
Walden's CCNE-accredited BS in Nursing program gives registered nurses the ability to earn degree while building valuable skills through a practice learning experience and state-of-the-art classroom tools.
Featured Sponsored Program
BS - Nursing: RN to BSN
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored for working adults.
- SEER Training: Anatomy & Physiology provides an in-depth review of the structure and function of the human body, detailing cells, tissues, and membranes that make up our bodies and how our major systems function to help us develop and stay healthy.
- Anatomic Images Online offers a wide range of anatomical images and diagrams of the human body, including organ diagrams, cell diagrams, and much more.
- Body Basics gives a general overview of the human body and its various regulatory systems. Though comprehensive, this resource is more of a general guide aimed at those without much prior anatomical knowledge.
- InnerBody Guide to Human Anatomy Online provides diagrams for a variety of regulatory systems for the human body that gives helpful information about the vital organs for each system.
- Anatomic Images Online includes a large library of human anatomical components and organs as general as the heart and as specific as the descending thoracic aorta. Diagrams are graphical renderings that often include text and labels.
- Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body is an online edition of Gray's classic 1918 edition publication (originally titled Anatomy: Descriptive and Surgical), with 1,247 vibrant engravings, many in color, in addition to an index with 13,000 entries ranging from the Antrum of Highmore to the Zonule of Zinn.
- A Guided Tour of the Visible Human offers a unique perspective to human anatomy by taking a series of cross-sections of human anatomy and splicing them into an animation to give it a 3D visualization.
- Inside the Cell provides a comprehensive overview of the human cell, covering functions of the cell, cellular reproduction, and cell aging and death.
- Anatomy of the Brain covers the anatomical details of the brain, providing in-depth descriptions of the brain's components and functions as well as the cell structure.
- Anatomy, created by the National Library of Medicine, offers a very comprehensive list of links, ranging from broad overviews of anatomy and physiology to more specific conditions and even includes pictures, tutorials, and videos.
- Anatomy of Animals outlines the major anatomical features of a variety of animal life forms, from sponges and cnidarians to birds and mammals. This resource includes a variety information from regulatory systems to general characteristics of the various animals.
- Animal Cell Anatomy provides a cross-section of an animal cell, complete with labels and descriptions of the various components of the cell.
- Avian Anatomy and Morphology thoroughly describes the anatomy and morphology of birds, covering every anatomical element from sensory studies (touch and sight) to brain and nervous system overview.
- Herpetology covers the academic study of reptiles and amphibians as well as the art and science of breeding them. This resource contains several links to anatomical descriptions and diagrams of both amphibians and reptiles.
- The Placental Mammal and Reproduction provides a full-detail study of placental mammals and the scientific details of their internal reproduction process, including even a chart that contains birth statistics for a variety of mammalian species.
- The Sensory World of Mammals offers thorough details and scientific explanations about mammals' sensory capabilities, going as far as hypothesizing whether and how mammals perceive time differently.
- Veterinary Carnivore Anatomy Instruction serves as a complete resource to veterinary anatomy, offering vast amounts of links about carnivore anatomy, delopmental anatomy/embryology, and countless other veterinary topics.
- Cat Anatomy Tutorial provides a comprehensive review of cat anatomy, with numerous images of cat muscles, organs, and skeletons. This resource labels its images well and provides substantial macro- and micro-detail of the skeletal system down to the smallest bones of the skull.
- The Online Cat Dissection includes a large amount of cat dissention images, mostly of organs and parts involving the digestive, uro-genital, and respiratory system. This resource also includes a vast list of feline anatomy definitions.
- A Manual of the Anatomy of Vertebrated Animals covers a comprehensive overview of vertebrate anatomy, including Amphibia, Reptilia, birds, Sauropsida, and Mammalia. This resource also includes a general view of the organization of vertebrata.
- Introduction to Insect Anatomy marks the introduction to a rather long indexing of insect anatomy. Filled with diagrams and textual overview, this resource covers respiratory system, nervous system, and a long index of index head, thorax, and abdomen description.
- Plant Anatomy: The study of plant cell and tissue structure provides a long, comprehensive review of plant anatomy, covering cell structure, regulatory processes, and a variety of other anatomical processes including plant growth. This resource includes diagrams with labels as well as text.
- Photographic Atlas of Plant Anatomy offers a large library of microscopic anatomical plant images, including cell structures and a variety of different plant types, cross sections, and plant parts.
- Plant Anatomy and Morphology overviews the basic anatomical components of plants, outlining organs, cells, and tissue systems with diagrams and text.
- Anatomy of Plants outlines the major anatomical features of a variety of plant life forms, from algae to angiosperms. This resource includes a variety of information from regulatory systems like photosynthesis to general characteristics of the various plants.
- Plant Anatomy provides a basic outline of plant anatomy, including basic structure and function as well as a labeled diagram with definitions.
- Plants and Their Structure details the structure and organization of plant anatomy, covering the very general and specifics of Parenchyma, Collenchyma, Sclerenchyma, Xylem, Phloem, and Epidermal Cells, with cellular images and diagrams included.
- Plant Structure and Function offers a detailed guide to plant anatomy, filled with labeled diagrams and charts. This resource provides specific details about tissue organization and the anatomy of specific parts of plants.
Top Nursing Colleges
Purdue University Global - Certification, Associate's & Bachelor's Degree.
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree could help registered nurses (RNs) seek broader professional responsibilities and career opportunities. If you are an RN and want to advance your career, Purdue Global's online Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program could help you pursue new opportunities in specialized nursing and nursing management.
Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - B.S.N.)
Grand Canyon University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and offers nursing degrees at affordable prices. Grand Canyon University allows students to practice what they learn with hands on teaching methods.
Liberty University - Master's Degree.
Liberty University is one of the most respected names in online colleges and provides a variety of online degree plans, including a MSN program. Liberty University makes it possible to earn your entire nursing degree online.