Recent Blog Posts
Nursing Schools by State
Nursing Career Info
Demand for Nurses
Nurses may be the most in-demand health care position in the country.
50 Great Sites for Menopause Support
May 18th, 2010
Menopause is difficult, but you don't need a nursing degree to get through it. With the help of others who have been there or are going through the same issues, you can find guidance and emotional support. Here, we've listed 50 excellent websites where you can find the information and support you need to make it through menopause.
Find communities, blogs, and information, all wrapped up in one site here.
- Power Surge: This community offers information, message boards, resources, and more.
- Menopause Makeover: The Menopause Makeover will help you take control of your health and beauty during menopause.
- Menopause A to Z: Menopause A to Z shares relief, support, and advice for the modern woman going through menopause.
- Minnie Pauz: Check out Minnie Pauz to find information about menopause, support, and humor.
These sites offer a wealth of information for women going through menopause.
- Google Health: Menopause: Get an overview of menopause from Google Health here.
- Medline Plus: Menopause: This website offers trusted health information for women going through menopause.
- Everyday Health Menopause: Read about menopause basics on Everyday Health.
- Women to Women: Women to Women has a variety of helpful articles on menopause and perimenopause.
- Menopause: Read about Menopause on Wikipedia.
- Project Aware: Project Aware is a website offering objective, comprehensive information for menopause.
- Menopause: Learn about the details of menopause from MedicineNet.
- Age Page: The Age Page offers information about menopause.
- Menopause Health Center: Learn about the turning point of menopause with the WebMD Menopause Health Center.
- Third Age: Third Age examines hormone replacement therapy, sex, hot flashes, and more.
- Menopause: Study the symptoms, causes, complications, and more on the Mayo Clinic site.
- Family Doctor: Family Doctor's site will help you learn what to expect when your body is changing.
- About Menopause: Find information and resources for menopause on the About Women's Health site.
Get help from these menopause organizations.
- NAMS: Find information and support from the North American Menopause Society.
- American Menopause Foundation: The American Menopause Foundation shares education, articles, advocacy, and more.
- Our Bodies Ourselves: Our Bodies Ourselves inspires a worldwide movement of women's health.
- Australian Menopause Society: The Australian Menopause Society shares new directions in women's health.
- International Menopause Society: This society studies all aspects of the climacteric in men and women.
- The International Premature Ovarian Failure Association: Get resources for premature ovarian failure from this association.
- The Daisy Network: Join this organization to get help with your menopause.
Read these blogs for ongoing information and support for menopause.
- Menopause Support Blog: Read this blog to find menopause support.
- Midlife Crisis Queen: The Midlife Crisis Queen will help you turn your crisis into an opportunity.
- The Menopause Coach: Sheri Goddard writes a definitive resource for women going through menopause.
- Menopause-The Blog: Check out this blog to understand and manage the mid-life transition.
- The Perimenopause Blog: The Perimenopause Blog assures you that you're not going crazy.
- Menopause Blog: The Menopause Blog covers hot flashes, hormones, and women's lives.
- Seasoned Sex: Seasoned Sex writes about sex, menopause and hormones for women in their forties and fifties.
- Mind Over Menopause: Conquer menopause with the help of this blog.
- Menopause Goddess Blog: Follow this blog to see Lynette's journey through menopause.
- Menopause: This menopause blog covers information and resources on menopause.
- My Menopausal Musings: Read this blog to see the story of one woman's leap.
Meet others and exchange stories in these menopause communities.
- WebMD Menopause Exchange: This menopause exchange is a great place to discuss menopause and perimenopause.
- Menopause Community: Wellsphere's community will support you in menopause.
- Menopause Expert Forum: Check out the MedHelp expert forum for menopause help.
- Women's Health Support Forums: Check out these forums for discussions about symptoms and personal experiences in menopause.
- Menopause Help: Get answers from health experts in the MedHelp Menopause Community.
- Menopause Support Group: Get connected with patients, families, friends, and caregivers for support and information in this group.
- Daily Strength: Get anonymous support from other women going through menopause on Daily Strength.
- Menopause ChitChat: Menopause ChitChat offers change with attitude.
- Menopause Support Group: The MD Junction offers support from patients, family members, and friends dealing with menopause.
- Menopause Forum: Here you'll find a health community for asking and answering questions about menopause.
Here you'll find excellent resources for menopausal women.
- Postmenopausal Hormone Therapy: Check out this site to learn more about postmenopausal hormone therapy and decide if it's right for you.
- ClinicalTrials: Here you can find clinical trials for menopause seeking volunteers.
- Yahoo! Health Menopause: Find support for menopause through this group.
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy Information: The National Institutes of Health shares information about menopausal hormone therapy.
- Early Menopause: You can discuss early menopause on these boards.