Recent Blog Posts
Nursing Schools by State
Nursing Career Info
Demand for Nurses
Nurses may be the most in-demand health care position in the country.
40 Great Blogs for Breastfeeding Moms
August 31st, 2010
If you've never breastfed before, the concept might seem simple, but for many women, nursing a child can often be a complicated issue with a need for medical, political, and social support. You can find much of this support online through information offered in breastfeeding blogs, and we have put together a list of 40 excellent blogs that can help you with your desire to successfully breastfeed.
Whether you're looking for a general discussion on breastfeeding, an introduction, or advice, you can turn to these blogs.
- Mama is…: Mama is…features regular comics for breastfeeding moms.
- Nursing Freedom: Nursing Freedom writes to normalize breastfeeding.
- Lactation Narration: Lactation Narration offers a blog about breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding Blog: This blog has everything you need to know about breastfeeding, pumping, and more.
- Hathor the Cow Goddess: Hathor makes breastfeeding look downright fun.
- Lactation Conversation: Melanie Kissell opens up the conversation about lactation.
- Breast Milk Tips: Feed a smart and healthy baby with the help of breast milk.
- Baby Blog: This blog from the American Pregnancy Association will guide you in breastfeeding and beyond.
- Mama Knows Breast: Andi Silverman writes this beginner's guide to breastfeeding.
- Nursing Room Locator: This blog will help you find a quiet place to feed your baby if you prefer privacy while breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding Ideas: Find and share ideas for breastfeeding on this blog.
You've got all the equipment you need for breastfeeding already strapped to your chest, but these blogs discuss the products that can make a breastfeeding mom's life easier.
- The Pump Station: The Pump Station & Nurtury blog offers products and advice for breastfeeding.
- Boob Tube: Check out the Boob Tube for breastfeeding news and reviews.
- La Dolce Mama: La Dolce Mama sells nursing bras and accessories, and offers great advice for breastfeeding.
- Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog: On top of discussions on Motherwear (and other) products, you'll find posts about rights for nursing mothers, increasing supply, pumping, and more.
- Momzelle: Momzelle discusses breastfeeding clothing and more.
Read these blogs to learn about breastfeeding straight from other breastfeeding moms.
- Life as a Mommy, Wife, and Artist: Maca's blog features discussions on breastfeeding, and even all of the things she can do while breastfeeding.
- Blacktating: Elita is a breastfeeding mom to a toddler boy, and has a passion for attachment parenting as well as natural living.
- Martha is a First-Time Mommy: Martha shares her experience as a breastfeeding first time mom.
- Suzette: Check out Suzette's blog, which focuses on parenting and breastfeeding.
- Bowling Green Breastfeeder: This blogging mama shares her journey in breastfeeding.
- Mama Seoul: Mama Seoul writes about breastfeeding, babywearing, and elimination communication.
- Nursinmama's Thoughts and Ponderings: Read what this mom has to say about nursing with four, soon to be five, kids.
- Hobo Mama: On Hobo Mama, you'll find posts on breastfeeding, attachment parenting, babywearing, and more.
- Breastfeeding Moms Unite!: Melodie encourages her blog readers to think, act, and breastfeed.
- One Girl, Two Minds: This blogger is one girl with two boobs.
- Breastfeeding Momma: Alexandra's blog will provide you with insight into breastfeeding and more.
- Maman A Droit: This mama loves breastfeeding and snuggling with her son.
- Musings of a Milk Maker: Read about breastfeeding, parenting, and other issues for moms on Musings of a Milk Maker.
- Custom-Made Milk: This mom writes to bring the public image of the breast back to what it should be.
- Milk Mustache: On Milk Mustache, you'll find one mom's breastfeeding journal.
Law & Advocacy
Check out these blogs that offer legal support and advocacy for breastfeeding moms.
- Baby Milk Action: Baby Milk Action shares its campaign to protect breastfeeding.
- Human Milk Patent Pending: Valerie discusses the commercialization of human milk.
These blogs offer insight into breastfeeding from doctors, lactation consultants, and other breastfeeding professionals.
- Breastfeeding4Health: The Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute shares commentary and controversies in infant feeding.
- Breastmilk is Critical: Read Debbie Page's blog to find support for breastfeeding your newborn.
- One Small Step for Breastfeeding…: Find bliss in breastfeeding with the help of this blog.
- Lactation Laura: Lactation Laura writes to make life better for moms, babies, and the whole family.
- KellyMom: KellyMom has support and information for breastfeeding and parenting.
- Ask the Lactation Consultant Blog: Check out this blog to get your breastfeeding questions answered.
- Peaceful Parenting: Dr. Momma shares resources for breastfeeding and more on this blog.