Recent Blog Posts
Nursing Schools by State
Nursing Career Info
Demand for Nurses
Nurses may be the most in-demand health care position in the country.
40 Best Blogs to Follow During Stress Awareness Month
April 24th, 2011
April is Stress Awareness Month, a time to examine the areas in your life that are causing you to feel anxious, unproductive, and overwhelmed. Addressing your stress is part of a holistic health care plan that will improve your mood, your relationships, your work life and even your relationships and free time. Keep reading for 40 awesome blogs to follow to improve your quality of life, this month and beyond.
These blogs point out the daily habits that will keep you mentally balanced, happy, productive and stress-free.
- Zen habits: Try to copy the mantra shared on this blog: "smile, breathe and go slowly." Recommended Posts: How to be Insanely Productive and Still Keep Smiling and 9 Mindfulness Rituals to Make Your Day Better
- Lifehack: Get daily tips to improve your life here. Recommended Posts: Manage Stress with Daily Goals and 45-Second De-Stress Tips
- Success: Get out of your own way so that you can achieve success the healthy, sensible way. Recommended Posts: Time: Don't Manage it: Channel It and Flexibility and the Adaptability Factor
- Unclutterer: A cleaner home, office and mind will help you de-stress. Recommended Posts: Say the thing you need to say, and do the thing you need to do and Scientists find physical clutter negatively affects your ability to focus, process information
- Steve Pavlina: You've most likely bumped into Steve Pavlina's blog already, but start visiting it regularly "to help you grow as a conscious human being." Recommended Posts: Building a Happier Life and How to Squash Negative Thought Patterns
- Dumb Little Man: An all-around productivity blog, Dumb Little Man shares tips to "simply keep you sane." Recommended Posts: Are Your Systems Letting You Down?
- The Happiness Project: Gretchen Rubin has made a career out of testing research studies on how to be happier, and then sharing them with readers of her book and blog. Recommended Posts: Doing Things That Scare Me Can Make Me Both Happy and Unhappy, and the Line is Often Surprising and 11 Happiness Paradoxes to Contemplate As You Think About Your Happiness Project
- Life Optimizer: Learn how to live to your maximum potential. Recommended Posts: 10 Ways to Reduce Stress and Improve the Quality of Your Life Today! and How to Deal with Anxiety
- Scott H. Young: Learn how to get more out of life by improving yourself in every way. Recommended Posts: Do You Use "Lack of Motivation" as an Excuse? and Energy Management
- Pick the Brain: You'll learn more about yourself and become more productive and motivated as you read this blog. Recommended Posts: Improve Your Personal Effectiveness by Finding Balance and What do you REALLY Want?
- Illuminated Mind: This blog aims to help readers "live and work on your own terms," free from stress, anxiety, guilt, and ineffectiveness. Recommended Posts: Your Dissatisfaction is a Gift and Why People Hate Productivity
- The Positivity Blog: Improve your "general awesomeness" so that being productive doesn't have to be painful. Recommended Posts: The Extremely Simple Guide to Handling the Overwhelm in 3 Quick Steps and 5 Reasons to Slow Down Your Life Today, and How to Do It
- Steve-olson.com: Become more effective, balanced and streamlined in all areas of your life, from finances to family to your own relationship with yourself. Recommended Posts: Are You a Past, Present, or Future Oriented Person? and How to Think Yourself Free
- Your Life. Organized: Get tips to help you step up and take more responsibility for your life. Recommended Posts: 5 Ways Disorganization Wastes Your Money and Screw the Joneses
- Matthew Cornell: This blogger shares life experiments to help you live a more fulfilling life. Recommended Posts: Just do it? But HOW? 24 productivity experiments I tried, plus a QS time management recap and How to Bottle Up Good Feelings (Group Experiment)
- Goal Success: Get tips on prioritizing and organizing your life and your future. Recommended Posts: Forget About New Year's Resolutions: What's Your Mission? and Overwhelmed By Your Goals? Discover 3 Questions to Maintain Momentum
- Effective Time Management: This blog aggregates GTD posts to help you realize that the better you can manage your time, the less stressed you should be getting everything done. Recommended Posts: How to Schedule Your Day According to Your Priorities and Get Things Done and 5 Categories for Effective Time Management
- Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life: Learn how to simplify but improve your life by changing your mindset. Recommended Posts: 7 Rocks That Are Holding You Back in Life and 6 Reasons Why You Might Be Feeling Bad Now
- Neat and Simple Living: Written for people with ADHD or similar conditions, this blog can help anyone learn to focus on their tasks so that they can live a better life. Recommended Posts: If you were inspired and had a customized game plan, how much more of your potential be realized? and Making Peace with Your Morning Routines
- The Lazy Way to Success: Discover how to be smarter and change your attitude so that success becomes a reality. Recommended Posts: How to Light the Inner Fire and Finding Your Calling
- David Seah: David Seah's blog is all about empowerment, inspiration and personal development. Recommended Posts: The Art of Acting: Like Yourself and "Life Balance" Revisited
Meditation and Exercise
Take time out to release energy and refocus your priorities through meditation and exercise.
- Stress Relief and Meditation: You'll find out why natural meditation is an effective strategy against stress. Recommended Posts: Stress Relief Tips for All and Meditation and Quieting Your Mind
- The Wise Open Mind: Ronald Alexander, Ph.D helps readers recover from stress and anxiety by changing their chaotic environments with mental strength and exercises. Recommended Posts: The Wanting Mind of Depression & Unhappiness and Too Busy to Meditate? Think Again!
- Zen Life Blog: The Zen Life and Meditation Center helps you find clarity and calm in your hectic life. Recommended Posts: Being Peace and Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind
- Tiny Buddha: This blog is full of happiness and de-stress tips, and shares great advice if you're new to meditation or want to refocus your energies on something more positive. Recommended Posts: 5 Easy Ways to Get Into Yoga This Spring and The Gift of Anxiety: 7 Ways to Get the Message and Find Peace
- YogaDork: Find out how a modern-day yoga lifestyle will relax you and lead to better health and wellness. Recommended Posts: A Word on Tara Stiles, The New York Times and Yoga Snobbery and Your Brain on Yoga: New Studies in Neuroscience Show Meditation Positively Changes Your Brain
- wildmind buddhist meditation blog: Ask Aunti Suvanna questions about meditation or just read the blog for tips and inspirational quotes. Recommended Posts: How "self-compassion" trumps "self-esteem and A list of ways to practice mindfulness
- The Zennist: Discover modern paths to enlightenment here. Recommended Posts: The meaning or goal of Zen and How does one become enlightened?
- YogaHub.org: This community blog should help to inspire you to find time to add yoga and meditation into your life for less anxiety, better relationships and a reason to help others. Recommended Posts: Meditate- oh sure and Lighten Up!
- Daily Spark Blog: This exercise blog is designed to keep you motivated and to help you understand the holistic benefits of exercise. Recommended Posts: Is Your Diet Making You Cranky? and You Asked: How Do I Breathe In Yoga?
Medical and Informational Blogs
Get tips from doctors and other experts on relieving stress.
- Stress Blog: Dr. Edward T. Creagan's blog on MayoClinic.com points out common problems and habits that lead to stress. Recommended Posts: Count to 10 before hitting send and Wake up to the dangers of sleep deprivation
- Stress Free Kids: Stress isn't just an adult condition. Read this blog to help your kids relax and feel less anxious. Recommended Posts: Effects of Stress on Kids and Raising Optimistic Children
- Recovering from Trauma: Brian Trappler, M.D. helps readers find ways to deal with major trauma and emotional stresses. Recommended Posts: Issues with Power Failure or Submission and What Happens to the Brain in PTSD
- Stress and Sex: If stress is getting in the way of your sex life, let Laurie Mintz, Ph.D. help you regain your sense of composure and relief. Recommended Posts: Work out to Rev Up and Orgasms: You Can't Fake it Till You Make It
Wellness and Nutrition
Eating right and living a generally healthy life also contribute to stress-free living.
- Time for Wellness: This blog encourages readers to cut out the negative habits and conditions affecting their health and well being, like obesity, insomnia and drugs and alcohol. Recommended Posts: Anger management might save your life and Naturopathic medicine for anxiety
- Replenishing Soul: This alternative health blog is great for learning about hidden triggers for stress and anxiety, and then curing yourself through mindfulness and healthier habits. Recommended Posts: Forming new habits — why will power is not enough and Find your purpose
- Stay Healthier: Through fitness, better nutrition and sleep, and other helpful strategies, you'll learn how to manage stress. Recommended Posts: Sleep More, Tense Less and Lose Weight — Simple and Get energized with food
- HealthyLife: Carin Lane's TimesUnion.com blog promotes "living well in body, mind and spirit." Recommended Posts: Fit Tip Tuesday! and 75 tips to a healthier you
- A Woman's Guide to Saner Living: While it's marketed towards women readers, everyone can find tips for "creating a life that feels good." Recommended Posts: What are you waiting for? Get your life on! and Tie Up Loose Ends
- Thriving Lifestyle: This holistic nutrition and lifestyle coaching blog has the end goal of turning readers into happy, fulfilled, and healthy individuals. Recommended Posts: What have you done for YOU lately? and Relationships: A Form of Nourishment